Collaborative Orthopaedic Research Network
CORNET is a Collaborative Orthopaedic Research Network which is organise and administered by Northern Deanery Orthopaedic trainees in the UK. The Collaborative was founded in January 2013 and has grown year on year in the range and quality of research conducted.
The aim is to bring together trainees and consultants who are interested in undertaking high quality collaborative research by promoting an inclusive approach to research within the region.
This website is the focal point for the CORNET group; keeping members informed of ongoing research activity, meetings and details of how to get involved.
The CORNET philosophy is to
- Foster an inclusive approach to research, enabling all trainees to participate and collaborate
- Promote inter-unit co-operation towards research within the region
- Generate research that influences clinical practice and benefits patients
- Inspire wider involvement and understanding in local research by making the research process transparent
- Trainees will develop skills by working alongside others using their specific areas of expertise and involving others to assist with weaker areas.
- CVs will develop through publications and presentations and demonstrate management and team leading skills by running projects within the collaborative.
- Small ideas should expand into something more meaningful through collaboration.
- Combined expertise will maximise the potential of research ideas.
- Shared experience should produce substantive credible research output, which is not always possible in isolation.
- Allows co-ordination of larger scale projects.
- Regional research should generate larger sample sizes and enhance the statistical power of studies
- Our region will be viewed as a forerunner in collaborative research.
- This is a collaborative model that orthopaedic trainees in other regions can follow
If you require any information on CORNET or would like to get involved then please e-mail: email@example.com.